UNMH Laboratory Renovation
LocationAlbuquerque, New Mexico
OwnerUniversity of New Mexico
BRYCON performed an 8,207 square foot renovation, valued at $1,429,530, for TriCore Laboratory's operational blood, tissue, and reference facility within the occupied University of New Mexico Hospital. Special care ensured the 24/7 operations were not interrupted.
- Phased work in the operational laboratory - in 1,000 square foot increments
- Incremental relocation and return of equipment to lab use
- Level Four Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) - Required sticky mats, air scrubbers, HEPA filters, temperature/humidity maintenance, and minimization of noise and vibration.
- Mechanical, plumbing, and electrical coordination to accommodate new lab layout
- New state-of-the art equipment in secured high-tech treatment area
- Renovated offices, restrooms, and break room
BRYCON is proud to have delivered the project 90 days ahead of schedule and on-budget to our repeat client.
Working within an existing laboratory and hospital presents many complex challenges, which Brycon tackled on a daily basis, with a high level of expertise and ownership.Terry Lafayette, UNMH TriCore Laboratory Manager