Brycon is continually looking for experienced and dedicated individuals who have the desire to work for an exceptional organization.
Great opportunities are available to qualified employees. Working as a painter involves working directly with other members of the construction team in a commercial and industrial environment. Brycon is seeking experience career-minded painters with a dedicated work ethic that enjoy working in a safety focused, productive team environment. Ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in the commercial construction industry. Must be motivated and energetic. Possess a knowledge of blueprint reading, jobsite safety and an overall understanding construction. Must be familiar with use of hand and power tools. Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
OSHA 10 Preferred.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Prepare and paint interior and exterior surfaces of structures, buildings, and other surfaces.
– Work with various products, including paint, varnishes, and other coatings to be applied to a variety of material and surfaces.
– Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the type and amount of work necessary.
– Make on-site preparations, such as covering fixtures, flooring, and other surfaces.
– Prepare walls and others surfaces for painting by washing, scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, etc.
– Fill holes and divots with putty, plaster or caulk. Ensure that surfaces are not susceptible to moisture by sealing cracks and corners where building materials meet.
– Mix paint and other material to prepare the right color or textures.
– Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools.
– Prepare surface for primers. Apply primer and paint at the appropriate spread rate and temperature to ensure the best results.
– Clean up job site.
– Review submittals for product and application requirements.
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
– Must be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
– Must be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
– Must be able to reach overhead.
– Infrequent light physical effort required.
Application is located on our website: brycon.com under the careers tab. All applications must be emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 505-892-3371. All application must be completed in full to be considered valid. If any additional information is provided, this application will be voided. Must be able to pass pre-screen drug test and background check.